2 adults and 2 kids
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- 450 g of lean minced beef or lamb
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 low-salt beef or vegetable stock cube dissolved in 275 ml of boiling water
- 1 dessertspoon of tomato sauce
- pinch of salt if desired
- 1 dessertspoon of plain flour
- 225 g of spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 420 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Cook the mince (beef or lamb), onions, mushrooms and carrots in a dry pan (low heat) for 15 minutes. (There is sufficient fat in mince for frying). Drain any excess fat from pan.
- Add the flour and stir well.
- Add the stock, tin of chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti for 10–15 minutes in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Strain.