- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Measuring jug
- Wooden spoon
- 10 ml of olive oil
- 4 lean rashers, cut into strips
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes, with no added salt
- 200 g of frozen peas, defrosted
- 150 g of pasta, any shape
- 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 700 ml of boiling water
- Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Finely chop the potato, carrots, celery, rashers, garlic and onion then
add them to the pan.
- Stir regularly to stop them from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the stock and the tin of tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, add the pasta and black pepper.
- Cook for another 8–10 minutes.
- Add the peas and keep simmering until they are hot.
- Serve and enjoy.