- 2 small onions
- 2 large carrots
- ½ teaspoon of mixed herbs
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 225 g of red lentils
- 2 low-salt stock cube dissolved in 1150 ml of boiling water
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots.
- Place the onions in a saucepan with a little water and cook gently for
about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chopped carrots.
- Add the mixed herbs and a pinch of ground ginger.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lentils, mixing well.
- Return to the heat, add the vegetable stock and simmer for
- Once cooked, liquidise the mixture with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- Return the blended soup to the saucepan and reheat without boiling.
- Serve and enjoy.