- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Measuring jug
- Vegetable peeler
- Hand blender
- 1 medium onion
- 1 leek
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 small turnip
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley and thyme
- 10 ml of olive oil
- 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 850 ml of boiling water
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Chop the onion, carrot, celery, leek and turnip into small pieces,
around 1 cm cubes.
- Sauté all the vegetables in the oil for 10–15 minutes over a low heat,
- Then add the chopped clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon of herbs and
the vegetable stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Taste it to see if it needs extra salt or pepper.
- You can eat the soup as it is or cook it for another 20 minutes and
liquidise it to make a smooth soup.
- Add some chopped fresh parsley, blend and serve.