- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Measuring jug
- Wooden spoon
- 200 g long grain white rice
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh/dried parsley
- 10 ml of vegetable oil
- 2 medium chicken breast fillets
- 300 g of passata or tomato based pasta sauce
- ½ a low-salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 100 ml of boiling water
- 100 g of frozen peas
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook the rice in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
- While the rice is cooking, peel and roughly chop the onion and the carrot. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Wash and roughly chop the parsley.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and carrot for 7–8 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the chicken breast fillets. Chop the fillets into chunks and add to the vegetable mix. Cook until the chicken turns opaque, stirring occasionally.
- Add the passata, chicken stock and chopped parsley. Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the rice once cooked.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken in tomato sauce with the boiled rice.