- Mixing bowl
- 16 chicken drumsticks
For the Marinade:
- 1½ tablespoons of tomato sauce or tomato puree
- 14 ml of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1½ tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and season well with pepper.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into the bowl and stir around until all the drumsticks are coated with the sauce.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place on the bottom shelf of the fridge to marinate for at least a couple of hours.
- Light the barbeque or preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the chicken for at least 30 minutes turning regularly making sure that the chicken cooks evenly on all sides.
- Before serving, check that the chicken is properly cooked by removing it from the heat and cutting into the thickest part of it with a clean knife to ensure that it is piping hot all the way through and there is no pink meat remaining and the juices run clear.