- Baking tray
- Cheese grater
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Mixing bowl
- 4 chicken breasts
- 28 g of wholemeal flour
- 57 g of grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives, finely chopped or dried chives
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 level teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- On a plate combine the cheese, flour, black pepper, and chives.
- Mix the milk and mustard in a bowl.
- Roll one chicken breast in the milk and mustard mix.
- Then roll the chicken breast in the flour and cheese mix until the chicken is fully covered.
- Place the coated chicken breast on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Repeat the steps for the remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 35–40 minutes, ensuring there is no pink meat remaining