- Casserole dish
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- 375 g of pasta
- 2 tins (198 g) of tuna in brine, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of salt if desired
- 25 g of low-fat spread
- 225 g fresh brown breadcrumbs (6 slices
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Bring pasta to the boil and cook following the instructions on the packet (approximately 13 minutes).
- Flake the tuna and mix together with the onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, followed by a layer of pasta.
- Pour some of the mixture into a casserole dish. Add a layer of breadcrumbs, followed by a layer of sauce.
- Continue layering in this way until all the ingredients have been used up.
- Finish with a layer of breadcrumbs on the top, dot the surface with the low-fat spread and bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.