- Casserole dish
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Wooden spoon
- 8 small fillets of fish
- 56 g of brown breadcrumbs (2 slices)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- pinch of salt if desired
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tsp of dried parsley) or ¼ tsp of mixed dried herbs
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges – some for lemon juice (or grated rind) and some to serve with fish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Rinse the fish under cold running water and remove any bones. Dry in kitchen paper.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley or mixed herbs, salt and pepper, in a small bowl.
- Stir the oil into the crumb mixture. Finally add a little lemon rind or juice.
- Lay 4 fillets on a greased dish, skin-side down, and spoon the stuffing carefully onto each fillet. Flatten well down and cover with the other 4 fillets. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes, depending on size and thickness of the fish.
- Lift the fish carefully on to a warmed serving dish and surround with cooked peas, lemon wedges and parsley.