2 adults and 2 kids
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Rolling pin
- 180 g of wholemeal flour
- 200 g of plain flour
- 50 g of margarine
- 275 ml of low-fat milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 dstsp of caster sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Sieve the wholemeal flour, plain flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Sieve in the salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough milk to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead.
- Roll out the dough to 2-cm in thickness. Dust a baking tray with flour. Using a 5-cm shape cutter, cut out scones and place on the baking tray. (You can use a small glass or cup as a cutter.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.