1 hour 30 minutes
- Casserole dish
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring jug
- 4 chicken portions
- 3 large carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 celery stalks
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 low-salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 275 ml of boiling water.
- 2 dessertspoons of lemon juice
- ½ dessertspoon of mixed herbs
- pinch of salt if desired
- 20 g of frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Wash, peel and chop carrots, onion, celery and mushrooms.
- Place chicken portions in a casserole dish with all the vegetables.
- Pour in chicken stock, lemon juice, mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1–1½ hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with baked potatoes or rice.